Core Brainwave States
Thank you for your purchase of this program series. The programs you have in this series are designed to give you quick and easy access to all five states of awareness that your brain is capable of: Gamma, Beta, Alpha, Theta and Delta. These range from over 40 cycles per second for the Gamma track, down to 2 cycles per second for the Delta track. In putting these together, I tried to select frequency that corresponds to the approximate middle of the brainwave state.
These programs rely on brainwave synchronization and hemispheric synchronization to work. Unlike most programs of this kind, they do not use binaural beats. A binaural beat is generated within the brain itself in an effort to process two other sounds that are presented to it in a special way. The binaural beat triggers your brain’s frequency following response, which causes the synchronization of the brain’s dominant brainwave with the frequency of the binaural beat.
My research has found that while binaural beats are effective in this regard, they are not the most effective way of generating the hemispheric/brainwave synchronization. The technology used in these programs is different in a more effective way, but still requires the use of stereo headphones, just as binaural beats require. And, as with binaural beats, you should consult with your physician before using these programs if you have (or may have) epilepsy, irregular or fast (tachycardic) heartbeat, are pregnant, or have a pacemaker.
These programs are designed to be used while you are relaxing. The Beta and Gamma programs are safe to use in most situations because they correspond to normal waking awareness states. However, do not use any of these programs while driving, operating heavy machinery, or anything that requires concentration to remain a safe activity.
- ● Gamma corresponds to very high energy states of mind, and may cause bursts of brilliant insight, or it may make you jittery.
- ● Beta corresponds with the normal waking state. This program can be used to return yourself to a normal awareness after using one of the others, and it can be good for staying awake and on task.
- ● Alpha corresponds to a relaxed, daydreamy state of mind. It’s good for relaxing, learning rapidly, and de-stressing.
- ● Theta corresponds to meditation, hypnosis and REM sleep. Here there is profound relaxation and often visual hallucinations, dreams, or vivid memories. Learning is extremely rapid here.
- ● Delta corresponds to the deepest levels of sleep, in which there is usually total unconsciousness and the body does its repairs and growing. There is usually a profound physical relaxation at this stage of awareness.